Saturday, April 05, 2003

For the past couple of days I haven't been feeling my best, it's been as though I were at the bottom of a barrel looking up. I can't focus on anything for more than a few minutes so now I have a desk full of partially completed projects, a spot-cleaned house, enough clean laundry to just get by, and plenty of work waiting on this spell of lathargic dead ass to pass.

I woke up on the couch this morning to the sounds of war news on the television. (I haven't slept in my bed for many nights due to the hubby's weird noises). The subject seemed to be about a battle that happened yesterday between their tanks and our tanks. The officer was actually talking about how "high" the troops were because of the victory. I'm thinking, in my dull, sleep deprived brain, how can they DO that? People were killed, doesn't matter who's side they were on, they DIED, so you feel a high? I'm imagining this scene and it sort of resembles how the fans feel after a 49ers victory.

Let them put faces with these statistics. Take out 24 tanks? Well hell, how many living, breathing, humans were in those tanks? I'm wondering just how gung-ho the American public would be if shown the faces of the dead. Of course we could look on the bright side. Think of all of the jobs that this war is creating. All of those blown-to-hell buildings and other properties will have to be reconstructed and who more able than our workforce to do the job? Of course they'll be paid with that tax money that we're scrambling to send it right now.

Hmmmm, I've gotta do some thinkin about this.

No comments: