1. A dime has 118 ridges around the edge.
2. A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
3. A crocodile cannot stick out its tongue.
4. A dragonfly has a life span of 24 hours.
5. A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.
6. A "jiffy" is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.
7. A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes. A snail can
sleep for three years.
8. Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer.
9. All 50 states are listed across the top of the Lincoln Memorial on the
back of the $5 bill.
10. Almonds are a member of the peach family.
11. An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
12. Babies are born without kneecaps. They don't appear until the child
reaches 2 to 6 years of age.
12.5 Butterflies taste with their feet.
13. Cats have over one hundred vocal sounds. Dogs only have about 10.
14. "Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt".
15. February 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full
16. In the last 4,000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.
17. If the population of China walked past you, in single file, the line
would never end because of the rate of reproduction.
18. If you are an average American, in your whole life, you will spend an
average of 6 months waiting at red lights.
19. It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
20. Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors.
21. Maine is the only state whose name is just one syllable.
22. No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or
23. On a Canadian two dollar bill, the flag flying over the Parliament
building is an American flag.
24. Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears
never stop growing.
25. Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.
26. Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
27. "Stewardesses" is the longest word typed with only the left hand;
lollipop" with your right.
28. The Beatles originally were a quintet.
29. The Bible does not say there were three wise men; it only says there
were three gifts.
30. The cruise liner, QE2, moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel
that it burns.
31. The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube
and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
32. The sentence: "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses
every letter of the alphabet.
33. The winter of 1932 was so cold that Niagara Falls froze completely
Contributed by bear