Thursday, October 16, 2003

Meditational Prayer

Yesterday, as we were chatting on yahoo, Kat mentioned that she slept much better after meditation. She said you have to focus like you do when you are praying. I've decided that this should be my meditational prayer.

Lord help me to relax about insignificant details beginning tomorrow at 7:41:23 am e.s.t.

God, help me to consider peoples' feelings, even if most of them ARE hypersensitive.

God, help me to take responsibility for my own actions, even though they're usually NOT my fault.

God, help me to not try to RUN everything. But, if You need some help, please feel free to ASK me!

Lord, help me to be more laid back and help me to do it EXACTLY right.

God help me to take things more seriously, especially laughter, parties, and dancing.

God, give me patience, and I mean right NOW!

Lord, help me not be a perfectionist. (Did I spell that correctly?)

God, help me to finish everything I start.

God, help me to keep my mind on one th-Look at the birdie-ing at a time.

God, help me to do only what I can, and trust you for the rest. And would you mind putting that in writing?

Lord, keep me open to others' ideas, WRONG though they may be.

Lord, help me be less independent, but let me do it my way.

Lord, help me follow established procedures today. On second thought, I'll settle for a few minutes.

Lord, help me slow down andnotrushthroughwhatIdo.

Amen!

No comments: