Sunday, March 02, 2003

I've just been informed that because I try to avoid watching TV news other than in the mornings when I'm in my "zone" and not at all right with the world, that I know nothing of what is going on in the world. This remark came from the hubby who stagnates in front of that tube when not at work or on the pot reading farming journals. I prefer to read my news in a newspaper or online where I can read the views of more than the local commentators. The remark was in response to my remark stating that I did not think we have any business going to war at this time. I couldn't even get a word in edgewise as to WHY I thought this. So I'll vent my reasoning on here. Wanna hear it? Here it goes......

First of all, our economy can not handle a war right now. Since 9/11, 3 of the major companies of worth have closed down here in our little section of the delta where we only had 6 or so to begin with. People are out of work!! If we start a skirmish in yet another country, it's gonna get worse. Other companies are saying that business is slow,,restaurants, construction, everything. Secondly, I think the major reason for those politicians in DC to start this war is to have control of the oil. Fact is, we have plenty here, so why the hell are we importing? And why aren't we pursuing other fuel alternatives? Seems like money better spent to me. Thirdly, we should be serving and protecting here at home. We had our pants down on 9/11, we let them walk on to planes and take control using freaking BOX CUTTERS!! Of that fact I'm ashamed. If we leave these people alone,,soon their army will be few and their strength will diminish. They are starving, and it takes humans to have an army. Their situation has changed very little there in the past 12 years,,or hell in the past 100 years. Let them be their own worst enemies, but protect ourselves from events such as the attacks on 9/11.

Ok, I'm done now. I'm no politician, or economist and although I tend to think of things in simpler way, I think the line is not really so fine between right and wrong. I've had my say.

No comments: