Sunday, May 25, 2003

Zach popped out a comment last night that is going to cause me some major sleepless nights I think. I had been trying to talk him into going to bed at around 11 pm and he wasn't having any of it. He was coloring and suddenly he said, "I have 3 daddies you know". I was drapped out on the couch and I mumbled,,"three"? He said, "yep, there's daddy Keith, pop-pop, and my daddy in Colorado."

At this moment, my heart stopped.

My daughter was a senior in high school when she found out she was pregnant with Zachary. She was adamant about giving him up for adoption. She wasn't ready to care for a child and she didn't want us to. I cried, I begged, I prayed and practically went insane about this decision of hers to give my first grandchild to strangers. The father wanted nothing to do with a child in any way so there was no help in that direction. Fortunately Jami changed her mind after Zach was born and after we went to the courts and got the adoption papers reversed, we were able to get him back when he was 4 days old. I gave her my promise then to take care of him and see that he needed nothing if she'd just keep him.

Zach is now 6 years old. How can this man have the nerve to contact him? ( How could his mother let this happen?) He signed away all rights to him before he was born for christ sake! He's not human! I don't feel good about this. I don't want this child to be hurt. I'm scared.

No comments: