Wednesday, May 21, 2003

Last year, after our house burned, we stayed with our friends next door until we could get another house. Someone had given us an old sofa that folded out into a bed. (The bottom lifted up, and it made the back go down.) We put the sofa in an empty bedroom they had and that was where we slept.

One night, James had to get up to use the bathroom. He slept against the wall so he had to crawl over me to get out of the bed. When he climbed over, it unbalanced the sofa and it threw me out into the floor. I didn't wake up until I landed, and I couldn't figure out how in the hell I'd gotten in the floor. I looked up at him and asked him if I'd fallen out of bed. He just laughed and helped me up. The next morning when he got up for work, I made sure I scooted over on his side before he upended me again.

I was glad to put that sofa in my living room 3 weeks later and have them deliver me a bed!

No comments: