Thursday, June 12, 2003

I'm home again and have a minute to sit before the next load of laundry is done. While waiting at the stop sign on highway 1 for traffic to pass so I could cross, I noticed a big truck parked on the corner. It was a tree trimming service and one of the guys was wayyyyy up in this tree trimming limbs away from the power lines. It's been raining since early yesterday, clouds, thunder, lightening, so I'm thinking,,,, then I said to myself, "oh what the hell", and crossed over and stopped beside the man supervising from the ground.

Me: "Hey, I guess you guys have good life insurance policies with your company huh?"

Tree Trimmer: " Well, you know,,I'm not sure."

Flash of lightening, roll of thunder.

Me: "You'd better check"(pointing to the sky).

Tree Trimmer: "HEY JACK, YOU BETTER CLIMB DOWN FOR A BIT THERE".

Me: "Ya'll have a nice day now". (and I drive away).

No comments: