Thursday, June 12, 2003

For most of the day yesterday, I did next to nothing. I posted a little here and picked up some behind the terrorist in training. Around 1:30 I had to make a run into town though, to that hateful Wal Mart place. The rain had held off all morning but of course as soon as I was done with the shopping and ready to head home, the bottom dropped out. We were drenched by the time we got in the truck and then had to wade through puddles to carry the things into the house. The trip was a worthy one however since I found some nice and tender, fresh asparagus, and green beans. I prepared these with some chopped steaks and fresh mushrooms for dinner last night. Delicious!


I keep my truck tuned to an oldies station which plays 60's, 70's and 80's music. Zach was amused to see his Nanny bopping her way home in tune to AC/DC (that instrumental in Are You Ready is wonderful), Kim Carnes, and the Eagles.

I went to sleep last night to the sound of rain, woke up to it this morning, and now I will soon have to dress and go out into the wet to go to work for a few hours. I'm thinking Miss Leslie and Kat must have sent this liquid sunshine down this way.

No comments: