Friday, June 06, 2003

I woke up this morning to the sounds of rain but Timm's been at it again. Shame on him for making me laugh out loud before I've even finished my second cup of coffee.

A little lady from New Orleans had worked in and around family dairy
Farms since she was old enough to walk...with hours of hard work and
little compensation ...and when canned Carnation Milk became available in grocery stores
(1940's or 50's???) she read an advertisement offering $5,000 for the best
slogan...rhyme beginning with "Carnation Milk is best of all...."
and she said, I know all about milk and dairy farms...I can do this!!!!

She sent in her entry and about a week later, a black limo drove up in
front of her house...a man got out and said, Carnation LOVED your entry
so much, we are here to award you $1000, even though we will not be able
to use it....

Here is her entry:
================================

Carnation milk is best of all,
no tits to pull, no shit to haul
no buckets to wash, no hay to pitch,
just poke a hole in the son-of-a-bitch!



No comments: