Monday, September 22, 2003

I'm Back

It rained all day yesterday and last night so hubby woke up this morning with the bright idea to go to my doctor's appointment with me. Wonderful news.

My appointment was a 2:45, at 4, I was finally called in to see the doctor. Her first concern was my blood pressure but she became less concerned when I told her that I'd been waiting in her crowded waiting room for an hour and a half AFTER having ridden with my husband for the past two hours and had she been me, her blood pressure would be right up there also. Thirty minutes after my first glimpse of the woman, and two punctures later, I was on my way out of the building with a "snoopy" bandaid and a bruised arm. About the only thing I really understood that the woman said was,

1. I am not diabetic, my blood sugar is fine.
2. My body is retaining too much fluid (duh,)
3. My thyroid is suspect? (of what I was not able to decypher)
4. They'll call me with the test results and further instructions.

I have felt all along that I suffer from "deadass disease" for which there is no cure other than a brain transplant which is not covered by my HMO.

No comments: