Tuesday, March 30, 2004

What is Wrong with me??

Sometimes I feel like I'm less of a citizen because I don't give a shit about who's running for president of these here states. For some reason, I'd rather spend my energy on things that I can really do something about and worrying and pondering about who's going to win the presidency just ain't one of them.

I can't feed every starving child in the world, but I know how to grow a garden and preserve the food to feed my own and a few more.

I can't keep our good old federal, state, and local governments from taking a good 50% of my hard earned money in taxes to pay for their fine homes, cars, expense accounts, and college degrees for their kids, but I am intelligent enough to have learned enough about the tax system and the laws that I damn sure don't give them too much more than what they believe to be their fair share.

I can't make choices for women who find themselves in a situation to where they feel they must make the decision to have an abortion, and I don't want to. Nor should anyone else, especially those who use violence to try to change their minds. I can only do what's right for me.

I can't tolerate those that thrive on the misery of others, but I can't change the person that they are or what made them so miserable that they became that way. I try to steer a wide path around them. Misery loves company so let them be alone.

I can't educate the world, but I can help to teach a child to read.

No comments: