Friday, July 30, 2004

Antiqued (Is that a word?)

I'm going to turn 50 on Sunday and I gotta tell you, this past year has really zoomed by for me since I was hoping it would take a little longer for this birthday to arrive.

Anyway, I've never had much hoopla made over my birthday since hubby comes from a family who didn't make much of a fuss over them (well there was that one time when he bought himself that $1000 coon hound on my birthday and I actually made the fuss) and my kids pretty much fail to remember birthdays except for their own and their younguns, but mind you that's a bunch.

Anyway, all that aside, I went plodding to my little rural mail box across the gravel road here this week and there was a package in it. I had to put down all the bills and other stuff to read the return address and let me tell you folks, I was moving much quicker back across that road, faster than a slow-speeding bullet, so I could get somewhere to sit and tear into that wrapping. The package was from Ms. Leslie and inside I found the sweetest little birdy ornament you've ever seen!! And a handy little note pad all decorated with flowers on the cover which will be just right for all my notes to remind me of stuff. I got all teary over the card and presents because it's the best feeling in the world to know that someone is thinking of you.

Today I pulled up to the old mail box on my way back from town and had another great surprise birthday card from Miz Mary lou!

I gotta tell you, I'm feeling pretty danged special this week!



1 comment:

RS. said...

hey, i hope u'd have a good one!

p.s. just dropping by and i think this place is brilliant and funny ! hahaha, u made my day :)