Friday, July 11, 2003

SOUTHERN SAYINGS ...

01. "Well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit."

02. "It's been hotter'n a goat's butt in a pepper patch."

03. "He fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down."

04. "Have a cup of coffee-it's already been 'saucered and blowed'."

05. "She's so stuck up, she'd drown in a rainstorm."

06. "It's so dry, the trees are bribing the dogs."

07. "My cow died last night, so I don't need your bull."

08. "He's as country as cornflakes."

09. "This is gooder'n grits."

10. "Busier than a cat covering crap on a marble floor."

11. "If things get any better, I may have to hire someone to help me
enjoy it."

12. I'm bout as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking
chairs.
******************
I've heard most of these sayings at one time or another and I also have a few that I use upon occasion.

"Hotter than a lizard's ass."
"Sweatin like a whore in church on Sunday."
"Busier than a one-legged kick boxer."


,,,,,,,,,,17 more days

No comments: