I can't get the Friday Five thingy to show up,,but here goes.
1. What were your favorite childhood stories?
Dr. Suess, and Nancy Drew mysteries. I adored them
2. What books from your childhood would you like to share with [your] children?
I've shared all of the above with my children and now my grandchildren.
3. Have you re-read any of those childhood stories and been surprised by anything? Since I've read them over and over and over to the kids, yes. The surprise is always the imagination of the writers
4. How old were you when you first learned to read? 5
5. Do you remember the first 'grown-up' book you read? How old were you?
I read Tarzan of the Apes when I was 8. I still remember it and wish I had the book to read again.