Wednesday, November 10, 2004

It's Wednesday, right?

I'm plodding along here by doing a little of the stuff on my "getting ready to go list". I decided a while ago to give Soony a gift of scrapbook and supplies instead of trying to do a collage in a frame because I think there won't be enough space in my luggage. One day soon I need to print some of our family photos for her (adding that to the list). All I like now, gift-wise, are the booze gifts for the men folk.

In her comments, Kim asked me about my job search. Since I won't be returning to the Tax business that I've worked for the past 4 years because of the too long commute to West Memphis, I'd been sending out feelers to some of the other tax businesses. I had an offer from Jackson-Hewlett but they didn't seem to want to get up off the pocketbook paywise so I politely declined. A few weeks ago I ran into an old friend who I'd worked with before who owns a tax business in West Helena and I'll be working for her beginning sometime in early January, but only through tax season. I'm not sure if I'll ever go back to work full time again unless the right thing falls into my lap (or James decides to spend more time at home, that would send me back to working full AND overtime!)

I hope everyone is having a great Wednesday!

No comments: