Thursday, August 18, 2005

Ya'll Smell Anything?

That aroma in the air around here would be a spiritual garden floral of jasmine, citrus, and lilies mixed with the whispering warmth of African violet, sunset amber, and golden raspberry with perhaps a shimmering of yellow tulip, sparkling star fruit, and everlasting flower. If your sinus stop tighter than a much loved jug of moonshine you'll know you've arrived.

I gave the Chick some perfume samples for her teeny, tiny purse. She's used every one of them, on everybody, and all the stuffed animals. The bird wouldn't stand still for it, but she's still plotting.

Ms. Chick decided yesterday to have a sleepover with Zach and Nannie. Then after going out to play for a bit, brought Jessie (from next door) home to stay too. Let me tell ya, there was some serious playing going on in this house! She finally closed her little, blue eyes at around 11 p.m. and I snuggled her down in Zach's room with Jessie. Zach followed soon after by draping himself across the foot of his bed to snooze. I crashed on the couch but later zombie-walked to the bed around 2 a.m.

At 4 a.m. PopPop brought the Chick to my bed because she'd come to the living room to chat with him and he was making coffee and not in a chatty mood (grin). Nanny was not in a chatty mood either so after crawling from my bed and crawling on the floor in Zach's room looking for a "lellow passie", and her "ring presssent", I was able to convince her that it was still night time outside and we should close our eyes for a little while. I fell asleep with a sippy cup propped up between my boobies. Amazingly the sippy cup was still in place this morning cause the Chick woke me up as she was retrieving it, no doubt due to the fact that I think I died for awhile and suffered rigor mortis.

That was before 8. I feel really, really, old this morning.


9 comments:

David said...

LOL they can make you feel old in a hurry.

Joan said...

WAKE UP GRANDMA!!

What kind of bush is that in the last picture..looks like a cactus?..and what's growing in the field behind Zach? Looks like potatoes...I sure am a curious George today huh?

Anonymous said...

Looks like cotton back there behind your cactus. If it is , sure is doing better than ours here in north LA.

Don't know whethter to envy you for having all those little ones around or be grateful that I actually get to sleep most nights (I'm leanin' toward envy).

me said...

Dylan woke up around 3 last night, and I couldn't go back to sleep. Maybe it had something to do with him kicking my back for a while, then turning around and putting his head in my back for a while...

Special K said...

I've woken up with a sammich plate on my boobs, and a bag of wasabi peas on my boobs, and a bowl full of sunflower seed shells on my boobs, but never a sippy cup.

A beer bottle maybe, but not a sippy cup.

Anonymous said...

Ahh, Jasmine.

Holly said...

My mother is in for a similar experience tonight. It's my b-day and she offered to keep all 3 kiddos.. mwahahaha

Joe said...

Im thought I was the only one to feel that way!

Sally said...

Well, all I can say, y'all are a lively bunch. Around here, last few days, can't sleep, can't eat, can't work - don't know what the heck's going on, but, it can't last much longer; my SIL has threatened to come over - YIKES, better get it in gear!! :)

Love the pix :)