Saturday, August 06, 2005

Did anyone go check out my State of Address?

Didja, huh? huh? It's all full of interesting stuff about this great Natural State I live in. If ya'll been over the there to look it over you've been mighty quiet in those comments ovah there. And I know ya'll aren't the quiet type. (grinning).



I've got some good news and some bad news about my day. The good news is we got about 2 inches of much needed rain. The bad news is that we had a lightening strike that knocked out the electricity for about 3 hours. Added to that bad news is the news that it also knocked out the satellite and they won't be sending a repairman out until TUESDAY! Being in the house with 2 males without a TV until Tuesday is going to be dreadful, I can feel it in my bones.

It was scary but also kinda funny when the lightening bolt did it's thing. Zach had been teasing Jordan about being scared of the thunder and I'd been on him about it. He'd gone over to the storm door, with nose pressed to the glass, and was taunting with, "see,,it's not scary Jordan, it's not going to,,,,," and about that time, in a split second, the lightening struck the pole about 400 yds from the house, and traveled down to the transformer across the road here and blew it up. It was a pretty big flash of light and a really loud boom and I believe ole Zach sprouted wings for a second because he flew across the room before we even heard the boom part. Needless to say, he didn't tease Jordan anymore about being scared of the thunder.

More good news is that I finished peeling, coring, and canning another cooker full of 'maters today but that could also be bad news because it wasn't a whole hell of a lot of fun doing it.



I had another smile earlier this week. I had been doing some laundry, vaccuming, and other fun stuff and I said to Jordan, "I'm sweating, reckon it's because I've been working?" No answer from Jordan who was sitting nearby in a chair. "Reckon I'm sweating from hard work?", I said again. There was still no answer from the chair where Jordan sat, so thinking maybe she'd dozed off I said, "Jordan, reckon I'm sweating because I've been working so hard this morning?" Finally Jordan answered with, "Nanaw, I don't know what reckon means." I had to smile about my cute, little, citified, granddaughter.

9 comments:

Phyllis said...

HAHAHAHA reckon you felt like an old hick about then, huh?
She's a real cutie!! Is she any good at baseball?

Anonymous said...

I visited, but not being a patriot, or a blogger member, I couldn't comment.

But..... I soooooo want to live in a street called Cherry Street!

Holly said...

I feel sorry for you, and your loss of satellite. I know here (with 3 males in the house) it would be a horrific nightmare. The girl and I would manage.. the menfolk.. i reckon they'll have a hard time.

heehee

Mary Lou said...

Reckon you'll jest have to get out the games, and play some huh? Jordan is getting so grown up! when is Jaylen coming?

wanda said...

Two days with no tv??? Perish the thought. "I'd" go nuts forget about the menfolks.
I'd have give a gold dollar to have seen Zack when that bolt of lightening struck.
"I don't know what 'reckon' means."
I reckon she is purty much citified!

Sally said...

I did go over and read your essay about your great state, and you did a terrific job - NO, I didn't leave a comment - I reckon I could mosey back over thar onc't I wake up better from my Sunday nap.

Tell Zach, one time I was just getting out of the bathtub and lightning hit INSIDE my house; the fusebox that was in the hall about three feet from ME....Yep, I have a HUGE respect for thunderstorms... :)

Anonymous said...

I haven't done any preserving in years. I love the end results but really can't stand all the work.

David said...

Hey introduce them to BOOKS and the radio. Or entertain them yourself with dances and songs.....

That is miserable though.....

Brent said...

NO TV? AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!