Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Never use a preposition to end a sentence with.

Well hell, why not?

A lesson in Hickphonics

1. HEIDI - noun. greeting.
2. HIRE YEW - complete sentence. remainder of greeting. Usage: "Heidi, hire yew?"
3. THANK - verb. ability to cognitively process. Usage: "Ah thank ah'll have a bare."
4. BARE - noun. an alcoholic beverage. Usage: "Ah thank ah'll have a bare."
5. FARN - adjective. not from here. Usage: "I can't unnerstant a wurd he sed. He must be from sum farn cuntry."
6. DID - adjective. not alive. Usage: "He ain't breathin.' Must be did." Might also be pronounced "daid".
7. HAZE - a contraction. Usage: "Is Bubba smart? Nah, haze ignert.
8. SEED - verb. past tense of see.
9. VIEW - contraction: verb and pronoun. Usage: "I ain't never seed New York City...view?"



Arkansas State Motto: Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Don't Laugh

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

*laughs*

Mary Lou said...

(LOLOLOLOLOLOL) I'm NOT laughing!! (LOLOLOLOL) Hands over mouth!!

Sally said...

This reminds me of a young cousin that once told his uncle:

Uncle Tim - I swar, I went to bed that nat 'n thar was a whole loafa braid - when I got up the next mawnin, them roaches 'ad ate it all up. :)

Joe said...

Hey girl, you teaching Hick 101! LOL!

Holly said...

i guess arkansas is comparable with alabama... i got every bit of what you wrote...

:o )

wanda said...

Yep, I'd say you pretty much got those right.
It took me forever to actually understand what people were saying when we first moved here.

David said...

Because ain't proper grammar for an edicated person.