Friday, August 19, 2005

School Days


I had to hold myself back to keep from running out the door to kiss that bus driver right on the mouth this morning, I was that happy to see that big, ole, yeller bus coming up the road. Zach trudged out to the driveway, shoulders slumped, as though he'd lost his best friend, while his best friend of the summer was peeping out the door (trying to contain her estatic lust for the bus driver.)

Jami called to tell me how the girls made it through their first day of school. Abie made the decision that today was her first and last day of pre-school because the teacher was mean (because Abie had to fold up her own nap mat), and the lady in the cafeteria was mean (because she put bread on her hamburger), so she's decided that she'd rather stay at home (as IF).

MeriKate said she had fun. That surprised me because I figured she'd be the one to balk about going back so that's a relief!

Krysten was happy with her first day because it was Friday and they normally don't have homework on Friday's and she doesn't like for homework to infringe on her play time.

Trish called to tell me that Jordan has decided to be satisfied with her new 2nd grade class even if none of her friends from last year are in there.

Jaylen always loves pre-school, the getting UP to go to pre-school is the part she hates.

I mostly lazed around all day with a smile on my face!

9 comments:

Brent said...

That smile is WAY too big!!!

Special K said...

I'll bet your dancing shoes are all worn out by now, and your face hurts from smilin'. Good times!

Anonymous said...

Bus driving is a dangerous business in more ways than one.

Holly said...

the first week school was back in, there were many mothers and grandmothers (including myself) wandering the aisles of grocery stores, walmart, and everywhere else with goofy smiles on their faces.. so glad to be somewhere without children.

I think we could have all done the happy dance right there.

Hooray school!

me said...

Remember that commercial that Staples ran with the Christmas song in the background, "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year"? The parents are waltzing around the store, and the kids are stomping around with sour looks on their faces. It was a perfect commercial for this time of year!

Joe said...

Hey smiley, feels good don't it!

Phyllis said...

You crack me up!! That was cute. And say, thanks for all the emails, I love them!!

wanda said...

I agree with Kim (It's The Most Wonderful Time of The Year). And I don't even have kids in school!!

Anonymous said...

they started school on a FRIDAY? how weird is that? Yeah for free days now!!