Saturday, May 22, 2004

Taking donations for plane ticket to Tahiti

But only if there are nekid hunks there.

We ended our Friday with another loss at the ball park but dang those boys played some good ball for little guys. We staggered home around 9ish and it was after midnight before I finally got some shut-eye.

I awoke to another, already warm day, at 7 a.m. and tried to read through as many blogs as I could (cause I'm missin folks here) before my daughter came by for a visit. After she left and Zach was a little more awake, we went to West Helena to a little "do" the U.S. Forestry Service, The Game and Fish Commission, and various other folks were puttin on. We managed to spend the rest of the day outdoors both there and at home where the kids jumped in and out of the wading pool and we played croquet. We ended the day's activities with tummies full of burgers cooked on the grill.

I'm going to go crash now.





Oh, one final little item. This "do" the above mentioned folks put on was supposed to be glorified with a visit from Smokey the Bear. This was the main reason Nanny promised to take Zach to the "do". As you might guess, I was not enthused about standing in the 90 degree heat on a sunny day surrounded by asphalt.

Well it seems that Old Smokey decided that 90 degrees was too hot for him to come out of his nice cool cave (probably because it had an unlimited supply of COLD budweiser) so he didn't show.

Just wait till I find out what that big, brown, fuzzy, shithead's email address is!

No comments: