Tuesday, July 01, 2008

When does the fun start?


I wash the supper dishes because it's really quicker than loading the machine. By bedtime, the sink, is again, full with glasses, bowls, spoons. Sometimes I wash them before I go to bed, sometimes not. Either way it doesn't matter because by morning they will still be there and they will have multiplied.

It's a lose-lose situation.

All through the day I pick up glasses half-full of kool-aid, or water, or juice, scattered here and there on tables, or in the floor. I wash them, and before they've had time to dry in the drain rack, I look around and there are more.

I ask, "Who did this? Who's drink is this with melted ice?"

I hear a chorus of, "Not Mine!" in reply.

"Who left the colors scattered everywhere?"

"Not me, she did it." "It wasn't me." "Yes it was." "No it wasn't."

"Pick up the throw."

"She left it there, it wasn't me."

"Don't throw things in the house."

"Stop jumping on the furniture!"

"It wasn't me, it was him!"

"He hit me!"

"Stop it!"

"Cry baby!"

"I'm tellin'!"

"I'm running away", I say.

"Can we go?" "Where?"

I'm having visions of a fresh lemon slush from Sonic,
spiked with two shots of Jose.

11 comments:

Joan said...

Cheers, I hope that drink helps!!

Donna said...

Hahahahaha....."Come away with me, the best is yet to be...."

I think Jose said that......LOLHaha....hughughughugs

Crystal said...

LOLOLOL!!! I heard DAWN had JOSE!!!LOL!! Sounds like MY house over there! I got that cattle prod if ya need it;o)

Kellan said...

Buy one for me too - make my 3 shots!

Have a good evening - Kellan

Jeanne said...

Could I join you? hehe It was that kind of day.

Cindra said...

My kids always loved those Sonic slushes... maybe you should think of something they wouldn't like so they won't want to come along! LOL! Hang in there!

Sally said...

Heavenly days, God bless you!! hahahahaha

You're gonna miss all this one day; no wait a minute!! Next comes the greats!! (((HUGS)))

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

You know, you could pay for that lemon slush (tho I don't know about the Jose') with a DEBIT card, if you had one! lol

And gee whiz...the conversations at your house sound a lot like the ones at mine. I'm very lucky, of course. None of my children have ever left a glass out or wasted a drink or left dishes in their room or messed up the throw blankets and not put them back where they belong. Just ask them, they'll tell you. It's unfortunate that an evil little invisible gremlin lives here. That little jerk gets my kids in so much trouble with his shenanigans. I'm always blaming them for something he's done. Again, just ask them, they'll tell you this, too. (she said, smiling with gritted teeth)

Now let's quit complaining because nothing good will come of it. Just smile, be happy and for Pete's sake - PASS THE JOSE'!

Kari

Mary Lou said...

We dont have Sonics here,,,hust the Basketball team...at least for a few more weeks...

Dawn said...

Brenda... I think I will pass the bottle of Jose to you. A couple of shots in your fresh lemon slush. Would do you good! *HUGS*

Anonymous said...

Hey! I think we have the same kids!
I'll join you for that Jose.