Thursday, July 03, 2008

Rockin Robin


The Chick, Abby, and Jilly Beans discovered this baby robin that had fallen from a nest on Tuesday. Since then, Momma Jerri has been digging worms, buying worms, and feeding this little critter to try to keep it alive. I think he's already bonded with them because if he hears someone moving, he starts raising nine kinds of hell, with his little head thrown back, and beak wide open. He eats like there's no tomorrow, Jerri said today that he's already eaten his way through a $3.50 box of earthworms. (thank goodness there's a bait shop nearby)

She even wipes his little feathery butt when he poops.

They've named him but although they've told me his name twice, I've forgotten it again.

I think if I'd have been a bird I'd have been childless cause those birdy parents sure do have to work hard to feed their offspring.

Happy 4th of July!!!

9 comments:

Kellan said...

Sounds like he fell out of a next in the right yard - how cute! Good luck with the baby bird and Happy 4th of July! Kellan

mreddie said...

That bird is really living from hand to mouth. :) ec

Sally said...

How precious and sweet! You have such a loving family, Brenda.

Happy 4th to you and yours!!

Donna said...

Awwwwww!!!!!! What a sweet thing to Do!!!! Happy 4th sweetie!!!hughugs

Crystal said...

Happy 4th Brenda!!! That's such a cute lil birdie!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!(((HUGS)))

Carole Burant said...

Happy 4th of July to you and your loved ones, dear Brenda! I do hope you had an absolutely fabulous day:-)

Awwww look at that baby robin...how very kind of Jerri to be mothering it and feeding it. We have baby grackles in the tree near my bedroom window and every morning they wake me up with their crying to be fed...enough to drive me batty! lol xoxo

Mary Lou said...

SO CUTE!!! I hope he makes it!!! I wanna see pictures of Jerri trying to teach him to fly>>>>

Jeanne said...

OMG that is so precious. How sweet to take such good care of the little one.

Jules said...

You probably know this already, but you can put the bird back in the nest and the parents will continue to look after it. I know this from personal experience..... personal recent experience.... like just last week recent.

Of course you have to watch the nest and check on the little one just to make sure they are feeding it.