Monday, July 28, 2008

The No Jose, hottest, swelteringest, best damned funnest, Baby Sister Birthday Bash




Sisters (Brenda, Paula, Terri)

Driving the white, caddy, late 70's or early 80's hearse for the parade with handy helper, Kasey, at my side (holding a glass of tea! No Jose, Donna and Miz Sally, I didn't want to be ridin in that hearse!)


(Other birthday bash pictures would be here in this spot if I could figure out how to link to them on Myspace). Right now I have a few choice words to describe MYSPACE and none of them good.

The day was hot enough to scorch a lizard's ass, too hot for parade marching, so the parade was reduced to 3 vehicles, but they were some fine ones for a birthday parade. I loaded up John's hearse with a few kids, my daughter, Trisha, and my nephew, Jacob's girlfriend, Kasey, and we brought up the tail end of the parade.

Queen Terri, in all her regal finery, led the parade being driven by her husband in his little, red, beemer (in John's words, as he carried his bag of collected aluminum cans, "with thriftiness, you too can drive a beemer). The sunroof allowed her to be able to throw beads to her loyal subjects (most of which elected to stay inside their air conditioned abodes out of the raging 100 degree sun). Her neighbor from across the road followed the first vehicle, driving his 1976(?), black, antique, hearse. I followed in brother-in-law, John's, Happy Birthday decorated, white hearse with my front seat ridin, handy helpers, Trisha and Casey, who attempted to help me throw candy out to those of Queen Terri's subjects who didn't stay hidden indoors.

The parade route included two fairly large neighborhoods and at one point we had to travel a block or two along a pretty busy street. It was there that one lady pulled over for, what she had to have believed to be, ONE SCREWED UP FUNERAL.

We arrived back home after leaving a trail of happy beads and candy along the route, parked the antiques, all except for the live one, and I proceeded to remove the candy that handy helper, Kasey, had slapped me in the head with and dropped down my shirt in her excitement.

The party commenced with live music played by John's band, Make No Mistake, and Jacob and Kish, two members of the Monoxide Project band.

I think the last guest left around midnight, full of good food, good beer, and other cool drinks of choice. The conversations were many and varied, many of Terri's work friends were there so Paula and I were able to gleefully recall and relate some of our favorite "growing up stories" about her.

We had a mighty fine time!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

You weren't kidding about a birthday parade! Is this a tradition in your family? What fun!
Nice to see your smiling face, too, Miz Brenda!

Anonymous said...

The lead singer of Monoxide is Kish.

Donna said...

Hahahahaha....HOW FUN!!!! NO JOSE????? Is that an Adult Beverage I see in your Hand??? And you Didn't invite Jose??? Party poopers, one and all!!!LOLOLhahaha.....
SO Glad ya'll had a blast!!!!...Sally & I will be there later with the breath-a-lizer.....be prepared!!LOL...night Sweetie!!hughugs

Donna said...

PS-MySpace?? I couldn't find the pictures....Bet they were GOOD!!!hughughughugs

Brenda said...

Sorry Kish, finger fart. :-)

Kellan said...

What a great tradition and how fun it all sounds! I'm glad you had such a great time and I loved the picture of you three fun ladies!

Take care - Kellan

Jeanette said...

Sounds like quite the parade and quite the party after! Wish I could have seen the look on your neighbors face!
Thanks for visiting. I am having fun on our "U.P." vacation. Check it out. I got some pics downloaded!

zztop357 said...

You can tell the grands for years about the HOTTEST PARADE IN TOWN THAT DAY!!!
It was hot, and humid. I'm glad ya'll had a blast.I bet everyone was gawking and looking at all the hearse'.I would have been.
Hope ya'll have a good week and visit the pool a lot.We may have to, just to cool off.
God bless Brenda. Donna
P.S. Loved the picture of all of you!!!

Donna said...

Thanks sweetie for fixin' the pictures!!!hughughugs

Sally said...

OHMYHOLYMOLY!!!!!!!!!! HOW FUN!!

You girls know how to party!! Good for you. So glad it went well. LOVE the hearse's. hahahaha

Anonymous said...

You ole chicks know how to partee!! Nothing better than a "raisin parade'.

Cindra said...

You are so lucky to have sisters... all I ever wanted was one... no luck. I don't use myspace... I have a facebook. I really only use it to see photos my baby boy has taken. You might want to take a look.

bichonpawz said...

You girls do know how to partay!!! Looks like a blast! Yikes, I would not have been able to deal with all of that heat though. Glad you had such a great time...really enjoyed your pictures!!

Crystal said...

That is so cool Brenda!!! Glad everyone had a great time!

Anonymous said...

this is just awesome!!!! and you look so good Brenda