Thursday, July 17, 2008

Peace and Kids (in no way the same)

Peace (it smells soooo good!)

I've got a case of the lazies, I just can't drag up the energy to do much of anything. I finally left the house yesterday for a little while, but only because I had to go sign 2 checks for the Improvement district, not because I wanted to.

Trish called this week to tell me her babies start school next week. They'll be going to an charter school this year, it's the school's first year of operation, and their school year calendar is quite a bit different from the regular public schools.

I'm hoping I'll get to see them the weekend of the 26th.

Jerri called last night to tell me about a conversation her niece had with MeriKate (who's staying there to play with the Chick), The Chick, and Beans,

Dallas: Alexis (aka the Chick), what do you want to be when you grow up?

Chick: An Artist.

Dallas: What about you MeriKate?

MeriKate: A Vet.

Dallas: Beans, (our 3 yr old, remember?) what do you want to be when you grow up?

Beans: Big!


10 comments:

Donna said...

Hahahaha....her and me Both!!LOL...Happy day sweetie!!hughugs

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Beans may reconsider that stance once middle age spread has attacked her butt. Luckily, she has mucho-time-o before that's likely to happen. lol

I loved your comment on my blog about the Twilight book series. It's a real struggle for me to read a romance book, it really is. I have to have some murder and mayhem thrown in the mix or I'm just not happy. lol My daughter-in-law bought me The Notebook and The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks and I'm sure they're great stories, but it is sooooo hard for me to read them! I don't know what it is - it's almost like a pysche (sp?) myself up to where I'd rather NOT
read than have to read some sappy drivel. I mean, I KNOW those books must be good - too many copies have been sold for them to be bad. But there's not a killing in sight to make my blood run cold and my heart beat faster. (Man. I may need more therapy than I thought! LOL)

Kari

Crystal said...

LOL! That was too cute! Enjoy your day;o)

Donna said...

PS- I LOVE that Rose!!!hughugs

Donna said...

And now that I am BIG, I wish I was small(er). LOL!

Anonymous said...

Great answers. And I'll bet that at least one of those wannabe's happens.

Cas

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flower!

And congrats must be in order to Trish for getting her girls in the Charter school, with 1000 people on the waiting list!

Joan said...

Gettin big is like gettin more problems...I hope she doesn't marry a guy like I did. He is OUT there with his gas weed wacker and ..oh I can't explain the noise...but the mosquitoes have all died, and the weeds are running for their lives. Plus our neighbours are getting their guns out.

Jillybeans ... is the the cutest.

Unknown said...

Beautiful rose.
Think about you down in that hot country and guess it is time I cooked some black-eyed peas again. Thank you again for your recipe.

I see you are busy, busy, and I don't know how you do so much in an Arkansas summer. Every year when school was out we drove to Little Rock with out five kids, and we were cooked, well done, when we headed back to Wisconsin, a week or two later.
Our kids hit water whenever we found a swimming hole !!!

Enjoyed your blog. My best to you and your family.
Betty G

kimberly said...

i too have peace roses and they DO smell soooo good....your post reminds me of the same conversation with one of our girls when they were about three....asked what she wanted to be when she grew up.....she responded "FIVE"....love these kids and grandkids!
kimberly