Saturday, March 11, 2006

Word dribbles

Not a whole hell of a lot of anything has been going on around these parts so this'll be a post full of odds and ends.

Jerri sent me some of the cutiest photos the other day so I thought I'd share a few of them here.




***
On Thursday there was about a 20 minute span of time when I considered taking refuge in the bathtub in Zach's small bathroom but after James came in the back door, without my knowledge, and spoke right behind me as I was staring out at the storm, I was so near scared to death that a little storm with a big wind didn't bother me so much anymore. I did have to make a quick trip to the bathroom but it wasn't for hiding out in the tub for protection.

After the hurricane force winds died down and the rain stopped making rivers of my front yard, we had a look around at the damage. One lawn chair was in a tree on the north side of the field, another was stuck on a garden post out back, the trampoline was about a quarter mile across the field, the bbq grill was dumped over and several feet from where it had been, we lost a few shingles, and the underpinning in the front was slightly wacked, and the wooden gym set was on the ground and in pieces. The neighbors lost a few more shingles than we did and lots of their stuff was blown across hell-and-half-acres. I do believe that was the biggest wind I've ever been in and the weatherman said they reached over 80mph. I won't argue with him about that.
***
In a weeks' time, Jillian went from cautiously scooting backwards on her tummy to crawling all over the place like she's been doing it her whole life. She's also pulling up and her mommy says nothing is safe from her busy little hands now.

***
Zach had baseball tryouts today so it's that time again. He'll know in a week or two which team he'll be playing on and then the practices will begin so I'll be needing to drag out my old camp chair and get our tote bag packed so we'll be ready for a new season. I keep telling myself that this'll keep me young at heart but some days my heart doesn't agree.

***
The supper dishes are calling my name so I'd better go before they start breeding or something in there. Ya'll have a great weekend!

19 comments:

Brent said...

Brenda, those are the most precious pictures!! All of them...I'm serious!! I keep going back and looking at them. Submit those for a contest!

Anonymous said...

thank you so much brent! We do have BEAUTIFUL subjects though! LOL

Phyllis said...

I love the pictures too!!
And boy, what a storm!! Did you have thunder & lightning?

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures. Glad to hear you made it through the winds unscathed.

Joe said...

Nice pics. girl! I love the one with the kittens! We had five Friday! I don't think we can handel ten cats! Have a great day girl!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful children - and adorable kittens. It's a good thing I don't live nearby, or I'd be considering another mouth to feed.

I'm glad you didn't have any more damage than you did. Those high winds are so scary.

Anonymous said...

OMG, those pictures are adorable and I agree with Brent, submit them and win the big bucks, then you can take us all out to eat or send us a picture of your winnings or something. *chortles*

I've seen horrible pictures in the Nat'l Enquirer and they win $50, so go for it! Get them sent off pronto, don't make me come down there and smack upon you, ya hear? :)

Hope you're having a good weekend (what's left of it), and your comment about the dishes breeding... I agree 100%. I tell you what, I'll load the dishwasher and before you know it, there's dirty dishes in the sink waiting to be tossed in the dishwasher. WTH is that all about and WHERE do they come from? I seriously think that inside my kitchen drain, deep down hiding where you can't see, is a little man full of sperm that makes the dirty dishes multiply and with each squirt, he's laughing his ass off. Kind of like you are right now. LMAO!! xoxoxox

Brenda said...

Aren't those just the most excellent photos? Our Jerri is just loaded with talent!

Holly said...

i. love. those. pictures.

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking Jerri could even sell those pictures, if you ask me.

Sally said...

They are absolutely precious!

KB said...

Man oh Man I don't look forward to the tornado season starting.

We need the rain so send of that moat in the front yard my way

Mary Lou said...

MAn, Sounds like you got smacked with our nasty winds too!! Fun huh!! Only ours go straight not round and round.

wanda said...

Why does the first part of this post remind me of Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz? Just be sure to keep your red slippers nearby.

Those pictures are awesome!!

Andie Pandie said...

We had all that wind when I was at my mom's house. It was awful.

Anonymous said...

I caught a minute to ck your blog & was pleasured to find the pictures. All of them are great.
Love your blog best when you have pictures of grands.

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are great, Brenda. Jerri sure does have quite the photographer's eye.

You didn't see any relatives blowing by on bicycles did you? Man, that's quite the storm you guys had!

Joan said...

Lardy, good thing you were holding down tight!!

The kid pic's were great!! I love playing with kid's pics when I do digital scrapbooking.

Special K said...

I love the black and white photos! The one of Lexi with the flowers is especially beautiful.

What lucky little girls they are to have such doting women in their lives. :)