Thursday, March 23, 2006

Dear Sir or Madam or Whomever,

Today I've finally had a free moment to write the check per your 2 requests and after having had to make numerous phone calls to Thomas Petroleum and my bank. After the calls, where I finally was able to reach the right people at the two previous named entities, your request was further delayed by my having to wait for them to do their research and to call me back.

Therefore, you will find enclosed a check for $23.93 made out to your company, Telecheck, to replace the check #6639 for the above amount that I paid to Barton Stop & Shop at Barton, Arkansas on or about February 21, 2006.

Please forgive me for the delay in this manner since I am not used to receiving strange phone calls from men with strong accents who I barely understand but finally figure out are asking for money and information concerning my bank account which there was no way in hell I was giving out! Since I knew, beyond a doubt, that there was sufficient funds in my bank account to cover the above amount, I was very surprised when your representative treated this matter as though it were my problem, because Sir, I'm not the dumbass that can't type in a routing and account number properly for an electronic transaction. I would also like to remind you, as I reminded the fine folks at Barton Stop and Shop, and their father company, Thomas Petroleum, I do business with them, not some foreigner, who barely speaks English, in City of Industry, California.

Now, I figure it took me about 1.5 hours to handle this matter for you and my time is worth $25.00 per hour this time of the year. So please consider this as your invoice for $37.50. This includes my time on the telephone to research this matter as well as the half a pad of sticky notes it took to remind myself to send this check. Please note that I'm foregoing the amount for the envelope and postage.

My terms are 30 days from the receipt of this invoice.

Sincerely,

Brenda (the pissed off and put upon lady in Arkansas)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Effin' brilliant. Can I plagiarize it sometime?

Brenda said...

feel free any time!

Anonymous said...

Nice blog look and bench. Good luck on your financial negotiations with that letter.

Anonymous said...

Reckon it's my evil computer again, but WTH happened to the background on the body of your otherwise oh so fab new template design?

I see dark green with black lettering (oh so hard for my eyes to read) and nothing else?? Do let me know if it's just me or if my computer need to give my CPU a swift kick in the Motherboard. :)

Loved the letter and IF you indeed mailed it, we're twins separated at birth. I've sent about the same or worse kind of letter to a business. ^:^ (Yes, my horns indeed hold up my halo 99.9% of the time)

The bad day stories had me in stitches and the sad part... somewhere out there there are people still doing the same & worse!

Have a GREAT Friday Ms Brenda (the pissed off and put upon lady in Arkansas), and remember that famous little saying... it's better to be pissed off, then pissed on! *chortles* xoxox

Anonymous said...

Very good - but don't spend that $37.50 before you get it.

Virginia Gal said...

hear hear sister, I hate when others incompetence becomes one's problem.

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel. I have been fighting with Dr. bill & pathology bill since June 05. I finally gave up & pd the pathology bal since they turned me over to collection agent. Their problem is they don't know how to file ins.
They tell me they will send me refund when the ins. does pay, my plans are to call them at least every 2 wks. and hassle them some.

Joe said...

Man do I no how you feel! Like the new look girl!

Joan said...

I can't read your comments, because they are all black on dark green. I like the look tho. I will have another gander at home, because the screen at work in kinda wonkie. Thanks for the info on the HTML I haven't tried it yet. But I find that these are very different from most free one's I have seen. Usually you don't have to a dang thing except paste in the code and put in the graphics and it's done.

Did you daughter get my email on scrapbooking? I sent her a few I had done.

Ray Bridges said...

Hey Brenda. I'm always amazed by the amount of crap people take from businesses. What annoys me most is the "we're all victims" syndrome. Tell the clerk at any store of a problem and they just shrug and say "company policy," thus equating their inability to respond to you with your need for them to respond. "We're all victims."

Not me. I write snarky letters, too.

wanda said...

Anyone one for making odds on whether or not you'll ever get that thirty-seven bucks?
Am I the only one endlessly amazed that people can build million dollar business despite the fact that they continuously hire idiots?
In fact it often seems their profits seem to rise in direct purportion to the number of idiots they employ. No one the business I've worked for never made it big. They hired smart people (like me). ;)

Mary Lou said...

It's not just you Joan! I can barely read it either. Maybe it's IE...

I dare you to send that letter!! ;)

Special K said...

I hope you sent that letter. And how much would it rock if they actually paid your invoice!

Anonymous said...

I love your new look, Ms. Brenda. Can't read the comments though until I click on 'leave a comment', then I can read. I'm not complaining, mind you. PULEEZ don't send me a letter, I'm not asking for money!! :)

Anonymous said...

Yes isn't it maddening that more and more today you call up someone about a problem or maybe even to order something expecting the person on the other end to be speaking english as you do, not some facsimile of the english language. And they say I have an accent. Heck I'm just a hillbilly and I speak English!