Sunday, August 22, 2004

Winding down my Sunday

It's been a pretty full day here in the 'burbs of L.A. (short for Lexa, Arkansas). I awoke around 8 a.m. to the ringing phone to hear my son's voice telling me it was time to get up when I answered. He was kind enough to bring breakfast fixins and Miz Jerri cooked it up when she got here so I had more time to sit with my coffee and vegetate. The Chick woke them up at 6:30 and was wound up and ready to play when they got here so after she got a tummy full of pancakes and scrambled eggs, away she went to the toy cupboard.

Hubby came in while breakfast was in progress. He'd gone on a pear foraging quest to gather some for his mom to make some pear preserves and pear honey for him. Zach and the chick went with he and Bubbie after breakfast to take them over so Jerri and I had some quiet time to continue to wake up a little more.

The decision was made after they returned to fry fish for a late lunch and Jami, Keith, and her kids were invited over so it wasn't long before the front yard was full of the family clan as PopPop cooked fish and the kiddies played. Before lunch was ready, one of hubby's cousins stopped by with his wife and one of their daughters and Jessie came over from next door. There was some fish snacking going on here for a while!

Now it's quiet again, the dishes are in the dish washer, and I've made a cake. Soon it will be time to hustle the terrorist in for a bath, then I'll get his clothes laid out so as to save time in the morning since it's the beginning of a new week at school.

I think I'm going to run away for a few hours tomorrow, just cause I can!

No comments: