Tuesday, August 03, 2004

NOT laughing

They're going to get me for child abuse if the terrorist doesn't let up!! I was in his room to put some clothes in his closet and I saw these two screws laying on the futon. I said to myself with a glance around the room, "Self, where in the hell did these come from and why are they laying here?" I didn't see pieces of anything laying about so I took the screws with me when I went back to the front of the house and dropped them on the kitchen counter in case they were of some importance.

About an hour ago, I was headed into the utility room and saw Zach darting into his room from my little office. Warning lights flashed and I followed him in, just in time to see him trying to hide a screwdriver.

AHA!

Screws.

Screwdriver.

Then the grilling began. I felt like a police officer during a suspect interragation except that I knew my suspect was guilty as hell. I witnessed the weapon of distruction in his hand, did I not?

Evidence matters not to 7 year old boys apparently cause it took a good 30 minutes to get him to break down and tell me where the hell he'd removed the screws from.

Guess who's spent the last 30 minutes putting the screws back into the electric receptacle covers in 2 rooms? And WHO KNOWS the reasoning behind removing them!!

I'm just not as quick as I used to be.





Still laughing
Ya'll need to mosey on over to see those girls in Mississippi and read about the Crappy Date and Tough Love entries.


No comments: