Monday, June 28, 2004

I'm home!

We made it in about 8 p.m. last evening and were greeted about 30 minutes from home with rain. James said it rained almost every day that we were gone. Of course we were happy that it stayed down here and we had lovely weather during our entire trip.

I'm still working on the photos. My memory card ran out and I didn't get to take some of the photos that I intended to but I still got several good ones, so I'll try to post a few of those over the next few days.



On our way up on Wednesday we stopped at the site of a natural bridge located near Clinton, Arkansas. It was a winding drive down the mountain to a spot near the bottom of a gorge where we found a little cabin-like entrance to the trail. There was only one other car there when we arrived so we had a quiet stroll along the trail.







Zach scooted down this little garden-side hill and later we would learn that he got one of the worst case of chiggers this Nanny has ever seen. I acquired a couple of the critter bites myself just from the stroll down the trail so imagine his misery since he was covered from ears to waist!





I've decided that while the mountains in Arkansas and Missouri are lovely to look at, I think I'd rather fight the mosquitos and occasional normal chigger here in the delta rather than the monster chiggers and blood sucking ticks in them thar hills!

No comments: