I reckon it's been awhile since I've offered new instructions on Redneck speak so it could be that ya'll are needin a little review.
Review Lesson # 1
Useful Redneck Phrases:
1. The engine's runnin' but ain't nobody driving = Not overly intelligent.
2. As welcome as a skunk at a lawn party (self-explanatory).
3. Tighter than bark on a tree = Not very generous.
4. Big hat, no cattle = All talk and no action.
5. We've howdied but we ain't shook yet = We've made a brief acquaintance, but not been formally introduced.
6. He thinks the sun come up just to hear him crow = He has a pretty high opinion of himself.
7. She's got tongue enough for ten rows of teeth = That woman can talk.
8. It's so dry the trees are bribin' the dogs = We really could use a little rain around here.
9. Just because a chicken has wings doesn't mean it can fly = Appearances can be deceptive.
10. This ain't my first rodeo = I've been around awhile.
11. He looks like the dog's been keepin' him under the porch = Not the most handsome of men.
12. They ate supper before they said grace = Living in sin.
13. Time to paint your butt white and run with the antelope = Stop arguing and do as you're told.
14. As full of wind as a corn-eating horse = prone to boasting.
15. You can put your boots in the oven, but that doesn't make them biscuits = You can say whatever you want about something, but that doesn't change what it is.