Tuesday, September 28, 2004

It just ain't fair.



It just ain't right that your morning has to start out earlier than usual because your husband, who has managed to rise before the birds for years now without an alarm, over sleeps. I awoke to the neighbor pounding on the door wanting his morning coffee.

I don't like to wake up with my heart trying to climb out through my throat and I especially don't like having to be the one to try to tip that litte scoop full of coffee over a tiny, little basket, that I can't even focus on, that early.

You'd think that I'd be used to it by now since I've lived in the country for most of my life, but I am just NOT a morning person. It took many years for my husband to learn that just because I'm upright, with eyes that appear to be open, does not mean I'm awake. I can wander around in a semi-comatose state for hours if he'd just leave me alone.

If you want to start a fight around here, just ask me if there are clean socks some morning. You'll see more fireworks than they had over the Normandy Beaches in WWII, and my eyes and mouth become lethal weapons.

There was a time when I wanted to go fishing with this man that I live with but he thinks you should be pulling out of the drive before daylight and be on the lake at dawn. My argument is that fish can't tell time and I've never seen one episode of National Geographic that said fish are hungrier for a worm at sunrise. I'd much rather feed em brunch or a mid-afternoon snack.

The next pissy event this morning was no appearance of the school bus.

apparently they had a substitute school bus driver today. A driver who doesn't know the new bus route because he didn't come to pick the kids up. So at 7:25, I had to rush around, in my semi-conscious state, to put clothes on to take the kids to school.

I hope my day gets better.

No comments: