Wednesday, December 17, 2003

Have Mercy!

I think if I ever had it together I've long since forgotten where I put it!

Zach's school week will be short this week and I knew at the beginning of the week that he'd be getting out of school early on Thursday and Friday. I don't know where in the hell my mind went today but hubby came in from bird hunting and as he stretched back in the recliner I told him not to go to sleep because he needed to pick Zach up at 1:30 today. Well he went to sleep anyway so at 1:00 I woke him up and told him he had to go pick Zach up from school soon.

Well old grumpy also knew that he was getting out of school early on Thursday and Friday. He gripes as he leaves his chair to go put his boots and coat on before going out the door. About 20 minutes later, the phone rings. It's hubby. He wants to know if I'm sure he's supposed to get out early today. I told him yes, that he was getting out early both Thursday and Friday. The rest of our conversation went

James: Brenda, what day is it?

Me: What do you mean what day is it? Do you mean what is today's date?

James: No Brenda, what day of the week is this?

Me: Dang, I don't know. You are picking Zach up early so it's got to be
Thursday, right?

James: Brenda, it's Wednesday.

Me: No it's not, he's getting out early so it's got to be Thursday.

James: Brenda, there are no cars up here waiting to pick up their kids. If he were
were getting out early today, he'd be out already.

Me: (Looking at calendar on fridge), Oh shit, it's Wednesday!

James: Didn't I just tell you that?

Me: Ooops,,,sorry, (quickly hanging up phone)

Jerri was here when he came in much later with Zach so he didn't grumble too much. Later on, as I was cooking supper, he asked me where something was.
My reply was, "Look, I don't even know what day of the week it is and you expect me to know where something IS?"

No comments: