Sunday, May 01, 2005

What a wake up nudge.

I crawled my old, lazy butt outta the bed this morning, got my first cup of coffee, and came to sit in my little office to see what was going on in the world. Just as I got the old dial-up to connect me, around 7:38 a.m., I felt the house start doing a rolling sorta motion, my blinds all started clattering, the pictures on the wall did a swaying dance, and Ya-Ya started totally freaking out.(even more so than the morning I knocked his cage over with him in it).

After I took a walk outside to make sure noone was within viewing range who might be dynamiting a ditch or something, or the neighbor's St. Bernard wasn't doing a tap dance on my deck, I decided there must have been an earthquake somewhere along the New Madrid Fault since we often get little jolts from those.

I went to the TV to see if Austin Aunich had any news to share about a possible earthquake and eventually he did. It appears that there was 4.1 quake around Manila, AR which is about 120 miles north of here (as the crow flies).

It's nice to be greeted on a May 1st Sunday with a slight earthquake huh?

No comments: