Tuesday, May 24, 2005

It's Graduation Time

We attended our nephew, Josh's, graduation last night and James's cousin, Jenna, also walked across that stage to get her diploma. Those sure were two happy youngsters to be done with that part of their lives but I sure wanted to tell them a few wise words about these being the best of days. I kept it to myself though because I believe that each of us has to take our own steps in life and they wouldn't have listened to me any more than I would have one of my elders way back when.

Josh's parents, my brother and sister-in-law, have been through hell and back and I fear that because of this they're clinging so tightly to Josh that it's going to end up in heartbreak. Their oldest son, Shane, was killed in a car accident at age 20 when Josh was only 10 so you can imagine how near and dear to their hearts they hold their remaining children. But I hope they will soon realize that denying them freedoms to explore and do the things that a child needs to do to become an adult can also become a tradgedy. While we want to keep them in the nest it's in their nature to spread their wings to fly.


Congratulations Josh!!

*************************************************************************************

I set the timer and snapped a photo before we left for the graduation since we were all spiffed up and stuff. See the little monkey in the middle?

No comments: