Thursday, March 01, 2007

Da Double Nickel


James is 55 today.

I'm happy to say that I'm not 55 today but alas, it's coming sooner than I want. This photo was taken when he was in SD back in December, after he'd shot his first pheasant.

I went shopping this morning and brought him his favorite chocolates, a bunch of socks, and a new pad thing for his truck seat. I'm making chicken and dumplings, cornbread, and taters for his supper, and I've already made his chocolate birthday cake and I didn't even explode it this year.

He's lounging in his recliner now because it rained and he's home but he had to move my dryer to replace the vent hose so he's all tuckered out, I reckon.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday James! Dinner sounds wonderful.

I love your pictures of the children on your sidebar. So cool!

TJ said...

Sounds like a right nice supper...we had fried salmon patties here...I thought Clarence was gonna climb the walls gal!!!
:-O
Happy Birthday to James!!!
:-D

mreddie said...

Happy Birthday to James! Sounds like a good supper to me. I do like your explanation of what political correctness really means - found below your profile - sounds accurate to me. ec

Brenda said...

All that bad ole weather missed us. We had some storms but not nearly as bad as last Saturday's were. I think the school was in Alabama, so tragic.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to James!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to James. Dinner sounds delicious!

Virginia Gal said...

Happy Birthday to James!

ps - what a surreal experience being so close to a tornado, please be careful.

pps - yes what a tragic story about Anne Nicole's baby, reminds me of poor little rich girl, no one loves you, they love your money.

Joe said...

Happy Birth Day James! Sounds like he made out good! Any dumplings left? :-)

Pisser said...

Phoor pheasant...

Haphy birphday, hennyway...

Carole Burant said...

Happy Birthday to James!!! Mmmmm sounds like a very delicious birthday dinner...got an extra place setting? hehe xox