1. Turn signals will give away your next move. Don't bother using them or noticing when someone else does. A little respect goes a long way and we wouldn't want that taking the extreme aggressiveness off of our roads!
2. Drive three inches behind the car in front of you even if you are in the far right lane... they don't want to see your headlights anyways so you will be doing them a courtesy. It's not like this ever causes accidents or anything.
3. Crossing two or more lanes in a single lane-change is considered going with the flow and should be done often. Also refer back to Rule #1.
4. Lights: Yellow light means 'Floor it!' If the light just turned red it is okay to go through it still. The faster you drive through the red light, the smaller the chance you have of getting hit. If you end up behind some asshole who slows down for a yellow light, get very angry and honk your horn at them while swearing.
5. Never, ever, come to a complete stop at a stop sign. No one expects it and it will inevitably result in you being rear ended. If you want to piss the guy off behind you and have your insurance company pay for a new rear bumper, come to a complete stop at all stop signs.
6. A lane construction closure is just a game to see how many people can cut in line by passing you in the soon-to-be-closed lane as you responsibly sit in the proper lane waiting for the same jerks to squeeze their way back in before hitting the orange construction barrels. Don't attempt to stop your car on the line so these creeps can't pass you; it only makes them honk their horn and give you dirty looks as they drive on the closed part of the road to get around you.
7. Never get in the way of a car that needs extensive bodywork (That's one out of every 20 out here.) They have obviously been in many accidents and probably are under-insured if at all.
8. Braking is to be done as hard and late as possible to ensure that your ABS kicks in, giving a nice, relaxing foot massage as the brake pedal pulsates. This is to be done especially fast right after changing lanes and cutting someone off.
9. Never pass on the left when you can pass on the right. It's a great way to scare people entering the highway.
10. Speed limits are arbitrary figures, given only as suggestions and are apparently not enforceable. If it says 55 MPH, you should be doing at least 70. Anyone doing less than that will be tailgated, harassed, and passed on all sides.
11. Just because you're in the left lane and have no room to speed up or move over doesn't mean that a driver flashing his high beams behind you doesn't think he can go faster in your spot.
12. Need a shortcut when traffic is high? Simply drive down the center 'suicide lane.' It's completely safe and no cop will ever give you a hard time about it. On the freeway? Just take the carpool lane or the space to the left or right of the 'real' lanes.
13. Always slow down and rubberneck when you see an accident or even someone changing a tire.
14. Learn to swerve abruptly. Most truckers don't have any idea how to load their trucks so be prepared to dodge pallets, boxes, and even couches! Abrupt swerving is also a fun and safe way to change lanes quickly and instantly! (Once again refer to rule #1)
15. Always honk your horn at cars that don't move the instant the light changes.
16. Always assume a green light is going to turn red just before you get to it; speed up when approaching an intersection.
17. Remember that the goal of every driver is to get there first, by whatever means necessary.
18. Real women drivers can put on pantyhose, apply eye makeup, yell at their kids, and run you off of the road in their SUV's, at seventy-five miles per hour in bumper-to-bumper traffic.
19. Flipping someone the bird is considered a special salute commemorating the state's rising. This gesture should always be returned.
20. Once you get onto the freeway, just get into the far left lane and stay there. When other drivers pull up behind you trying to pass just ignore them and wait. Soon you will see that you have forced them to dart in and out of traffic to get around you which is much safer for everyone than for you to pull to the right when you have a chance.
By following these above listed rules, you can do your part to help keep our rapidly increasing population under control.
a cousin Hop contribution.