Saturday, February 22, 2003

Welcome to Arkansas

Many, many years ago,
When I was 23
I got married to a widow
Pretty as could be

This widow had a grown-up daughter
With flowing hair of red
My father fell in love with her
And soon the two were wed

This made my dad my son-in-law
And changed my very life
Now my daughter was my mother
For she was my fathers wife

To complicate the matters worse
Although it brought me joy
I soon became a father
Of a bouncing baby boy

My little baby then became
A brother-in-law to dad
And so became my uncle
Though it made me very sad

For if he was my uncle
Then that also made him brother
To the widows grown up daughter
Who, of course was my stepmother

Fathers wife then had a son
Who kept them on the run
And he became my grandson
For he was my daughters son

My wife is now my mothers mother
And it makes me blue
Because, although she is my wife,
She's my grandma too.

If my wife is my grandmother
Then I am her grandchild
And everytime I think of it
It simply drives me wild

For now I have become
The strangest case you ever saw
As the husband of my granmother
I am my own Grandpa!

----Unknown

No comments: