Thursday, March 19, 2009

Play Day

The Children's Museum is a great place for kids and the grown-up kids who go with them. We had a great time looking at everything and of course the kids all did some major playing. My favorite exhibit was the Magnolia Mansion doll house (below) except that all I could do was look at it cause they had it all behind protective glass. I would love to have a doll house like it that I could fix up with furniture and fixings, isn't it just the cutest thing?


There was a full sized cockpit area of a Fed-Ex plane in that place as well as a full sized fire engine, police car, and Toyota cruiser. There may have been more big stuff but there was so much to see that I'm sure I missed a whole lot of it. Our kids loved the Kiddy Kroger and as you can see below, they did some serious grocery shopping.

Zach, manhandling the produce. All that squeezing and looking who'da thought it was plastic? It looked good enough to eat.

Notice the expressions of the girls as they stand in the check-out line. I've seen those expressions before, haven't you?

The few pictures I took of Zach were all from behind. He was much too busy to bother with me and the camera. He told me soon after we arrived to "go away from him so he could explore", so I mostly did.

The wildest part of the day was following Jerri in Memphis. I'd never been to the museum but she had so she led the way. We had to turn around a few times and missed our exits more than once, but we made it there and back and the extra driving made for an adventure. There may be a few drivers across the line over in Tennessee who were glad to see the car and truck full of kids with Arkansas tags heading back across the Mississippi River this afternoon.,,,,Maybe, just a few. :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, fun! We may have to make a weekend trip with the Squirt and take in the zoo and Children's Museum!
I haven't been to Memphis yet, but my mom has. I'll bet she'd be game for a wandering.

Donna said...

HAHAHAhahaaaa....I LOVE the "looks" on the girls faces in the checkout line!! Boy can I identify with That!!
Looks like a FUN place to hang out! I would have Loved to play!!
Glad you made it home safely sweetie! Happy First day of Spring!hughugs

Sally said...

WOW~looks like all you kids had a wonderful time! Love the doll~house, and of course the pictures of your babies! Priceless!

I bet you're tired this morning! :)

Jeanette said...

Hey, I make that face everytime I go to the grocery store, too! Looks like a wonderful place to take kids!