Thursday, June 15, 2006

Thunk, Thunk, Thunk,,,,

That's the sound of my forehead hitting the monitor as I try to get my brain in motion this morning. I didn't get up/wake up until almost 10, the day is half gone! I remember waking up to go potty once,,,I think,,,. I should probably check around the bedroom to make sure it wasn't a dream, huh?

I staggered into the kitchen and grabbed the coffee pot before I looked at the clock and noticed the crude oil appearance of the contents as it dribbled into my cup. After I saw what time it was, I realized that it probably was on it's way to becoming crude oil since James had most likely perked it at around 4 a.m. this morning. I dumped in a bunch of creamer to take some of the bite out and chewed on it as I zapped a cup of water for some instant.

Zach was still asleep when Jessie, from next door, and her little friend came over to see if he was ready to begin their day of play. I made him eat a bowl of cereal before he went out and reminded them not to abuse him as they were going out the door. (You have to remind them of this because 11 yr old girls often see 9 yr old boys as objects for torture experiment.)

There's another ball game tonight, they won the game on Tuesday evening. I sure hope I am in a state of consciousness by then because it's good to be alert to avoid those foul balls that come flying over the fence and into the bleachers fairly regularly.

Do you realize that June is already half gone? We'll see the longest day of the year on June 20th (or is it 21st?) and I hear that it's also the first day of summer (but I don't think that applies to Arkansas since a lot of times our summer weather begins in April!) I found this about Solstice Moons that I thought was interesting,

SOLSTICE FULL MOON
Full Moons that occur close to the summer solstice are special because they follow the lowest path across the sky of all the year's full Moons. This low path means the Moon will be near the horizon for much of the night, and will look very large. This is mainly an optical illusion, but it is an incredible sight! Be sure to go outside shortly after sunset on Friday, June 16th for the best view.


Now I'm going to have to try to remember to brave the skeeters to have a look at the moon tomorrow night beings that I've never noticed this before.

Well, I'd best go get something done today, even if it's wrong! Have a great Thursday!

7 comments:

Andie Pandie said...

Oh cool! I'll try to catch the moon tomorrow night on my way home from MA class.

Sally said...

According to my calendar, Summer Soltice is on the 21st and the full moon on the 25th. So, I'm guessing tomorrow won't be full but will be a spectacular sight. I hope I remember to look, thanks for the tip!! I'm sure you got plently done today unlike myself!! :)

Special K said...

Would these be the same girls who dressed him up in a skirt last year? Yeah, you do well to warn them to take it easy on the poor lad.

Brent said...

The boys and girls at these ages are hilarious!! It's definitely not the battle of the sexes. The girls win!
And thank goodness it's Thursday, Miss Brenda! I can only take one more day. Barely.

Virginia Gal said...

oh my you're right its already mid-way through June and I'm still not married, with no significant other in sight. Oy vey!

Anonymous said...

lol @ having to remind the girls not to beat up on the poor boy..i remember being that age and all the girls in my neighborhood would attempt to gang up on all the boys..in which we were always victorious..

girl power!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger, I found your blog quite informative.
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with it.
I give you my best wishes for your future endeavors.
If you have a moment, please visit my a trip to the moon site.
Have a great week!