Saturday, January 24, 2004

On taking a stand sometimes

It all started Thursday evening after I'd gotten home around 7:30ish to find the dining room floor still littered with army guys and tanks and stuff that had been there long enough to stake a legal property claim. I mentioned that I'd mentioned 3 days previously that they should be put away. Maybe I raised my voice a little, I don't remember, but geez, by day 4 I was getting a little irked.

Hubby must have guessed that my mood wasn't exactly a good one so he did what he does best by aggravating the situation. He began searching, like a madman, for his application for his restricted use pesticide license renewal. Take note that the application came in the mail a full 2 weeks ago. I put it on the dining room table where things end up as they're going or coming from our house and told him he needed to fill it out so I could get it in the mail with a check.

Two weeks ago.

Do you know how many meals we've eaten on that table in the past two weeks?
Well, so what if it was only 3 meals, but 3 meals where the table had to be cleared off and the table set.

The 3 occasions when we actually had our meals at the table included the presence of my son and his wife so I'm quite sure that she was the one that picked up his application and put it in my home office which is probably where it should have been to start with.

After he stomps around in a circle a few times (which is his way of looking for something), I threw on a robe since I'd just gotten out of the shower, and started doing a real search for the damned thing. I found it in about 5 minutes and handed it to him and asked him if I needed to go get a log chain to attach it to his wrist so he could keep up with it long enough to fill it out.

That did not go over well.

Move forward to Friday morning.

I awoke to the sounds of hubby and our neighbor Jeffrey discussing the length of the two rural mail routes in Lexa. In my sleep, as I stumbled to the kitchen for coffee, I mentioned there was only one really long route. I must have committed a grave sin because hubby raised his voice at me when he stated that I didn't know what the hell I was talking about.

After Jeffery left 20 minutes later he started yelling at me for saying something when I didn't know anything about it. That pretty much pissed me off so while I was in the mood I told him that I wouldn't remark on anything they discussed if he'd make sure his buddies, our neighbors, AND his brothers didn't come visiting until at least 7 a.m.!!

Jeffrey was there at 5:30 this morning, followed by my son and his friend.

I'm just an unreasonable bitch I reckon.

No comments: