Thursday, October 30, 2008

Jack Frost and Other Stuff


Jack came to visit us a couple of mornings this week. It was his first visit for this season but I'm sure it won't be his last cause he's a fairly frequent visitor in the wintertime around here. My poor, little, pitiful, flowering pear tree must be shivering down to her cute little roots cause this is her first visit from ol Jack. I hope she's not too traumatized to bloom come Spring.

Zach picked the tomatoes and I cut some of the sunflower blooms before Jack came to call too. They looked nice in the background when I snapped this picture of the peppers and pepper relish that I canned over the weekend.

I think the lack of blooming plants is what I dislike most about winter. That and being cold, I hate to be cold.

The closest little town near where I live has been in the news again lately. The last time was when the idiot mayor released the stray pups into the National Forrest, remember that? This time it appears we had a real, live, skinhead with possible terrorist traits living there. It's not bad enough to be one of the poorest areas in the U.S., we have to be known for breeding such trash as this.

10 comments:

Donna said...

Ahhhhh....sorry for little Pear tree! She Does look Cold!!! Late tomatoes and sunflowers? WoW! Pretty! Looks like you worked Hard on the relish!! Happy day sweetie!hughugs

Karen M said...

That relish sure looks good. And the sunflowers do make a pretty background for your goodies. Jack came for his first visit here on Tuesday morning. I covered my tomato and pepper plants trying to keep them producing another week or two.

Dawn said...

Jack's relish looks very good!! You sure have been busy!!

Sally said...

You're a smart one, Ms. Brenda making all that good food. As always, I LOVE the sunflowers. I hope Zach will plant them every year!

Anonymous said...

Your canned good look absolutely wonderful! Blue ribbon quality!
I saw the piece about the idiot from near you; thank goodness they caught them. I hope they can clean out that nest of garbage so you don't have any more of that to put up with close by.

Anonymous said...

Skinheads are just unbelievable. I'm so glad to be lucky enough not to have any as family members.

Hour canning picture is great. And the sunflowers in the background are stellar!!

Cas
Happy Halloween. I hope you have your camera out for the trick or treaters!

Unknown said...

Sorry about your poor little pear tree. We had some frost also. The relish looks good. Are you all ready for Halloween? I just bought my candy today because I would eat it all if it's lying aorund the house.

bichonpawz said...

The relish looks terrific with the sunflowers in the background! I didn't realize you guys got that much snow.....Hope you have a Happy Halloween!

Maria said...

The relish looks great! Together with the sunflowers it makes a lovely picture!
Happy Halloween and hope it does not get too cold outside :)

Jeanne said...

We've had some frosty mornings too and even some snow flurries in spots. Brrr not ready for it yet.