Monday, July 23, 2007

I've been REALLY Cranky Lately.


I think I need a warning label on my forehead but I reckon that wouldn't do much good to forewarn the ding-dongs you reach sometimes over the telephone. Forgive me Kat, but I've been connected to some doozies lately. (Every company could use several Special Ks). I must be in the throes of PMS, Peri menopause, menopause, tick fever, and CRS.

Maybe some of those mosquito born diseases too.


Cranky Episode #1

For 2 weeks I've been given reminders about Day Sports Camp the Methodist Church was having for the kids this week and next. Each time they've told me that teens from a church out of the area were doing this camp and they'd be picking the kids up before and bringing them home after and would be responsible for keeping the kids entertained for 2 hours each day of the camp.

From what I saw today these young people are doing an excellent job and they're having as much fun as the younger kids. The adults in charge, however, are dropping the ball, or maybe they never had it in the first place,,who knows?

So, they called yesterday and I was told to have Zach ready by 12:30 today and they'd pick him up. We only live 3 miles or so from the church so I'd told them that it wouldn't be a problem to take Zach and pick him up, but they insisted that this was part of the program and they'd pick him up.

I started herding him towards getting brushed and dressed at 12 and he was ready and waiting at 12:30. At 12:40 the phone rang, it was one of the adults with the news that since we lived on a gravel road, and they were picking the kids up in a Greyhound-like charter bus, and they needed a mile to turn it around, could I please meet them at the highway in a few minutes?

When I reach the highway I'm only a mile from the church! Didn't these folks think this stuff through beforehand?

I told them, program or not, I'd be taking him and picking him up since I have to get in the truck and drive him almost 2 miles to the highway anyway. Besides, I am a little worried about letting him ride on a bus who's driver needs a mile in which to turn around!

Cranky Episode #2

I've been waiting for weeks for my DIRECT TV statement to come in the mail. I always make the check out when I do the other bills near the end of the month but I have to wait, every month, for the statement to come.

Today it finally arrived.

It's due tomorrow.

I paid it by telephone ACH payment yesterday because I thought it was lost in the mail.

I called those fine folks at DIRECT TV to ask them why, if the statement date is the 5th of the month, and the due date is the 24th of the month, they don't mail the danged things so that they can be received and paid before the due date?

I still don't have the answer. No one seems to know. They did say it was probably the fault of the US Postal Service. Every month.

I asked them if they knew the toll free number to DISH NETWORK.

Cranky Episode # 3

It's not a good idea to make a snide remark and then ask, "What's for supper?" with your next breath.

My answer was Decon.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

The thing with the bus is right messed up.

As for the DirectTV thing...if you know when the bill is due, why not just pay it and then wait for the invoice?

Mind you, it seems their billing department has its head in its collective ass, so I'm sure they'd probably "lose" the payment somewhere, and you'd wind up paying it twice.

Brenda said...

I tried that one month and that check never did show up so I ended up with a $5 late charge on the next bill!

AndiePandie said...

Can I join the club? I've been super duper cranky lately. Salt and/or chocolate are the only things that seem to help a bit.

Tammy said...

I've been a little crabby lately myself, join join the club...lol!
:)

Joan said...

I can't believe the Bus episode. I'm still shaking my head and keep wondering who is running the asylum.

Virginia Gal said...

I think companies do that purposely, sending bills so you will amost inevitably end up being late. I hate that! You gett'em Brenda!

mreddie said...

I vote for #3! I think I too must have that CRS thing - could that be possible? :) ec

Cindra said...

It's the dog daze of summer... it brings out the crankies. Hang in there.

Shenida Weave said...

At least you offered Decon for dinner... that's relatively quick and painless ;)