Friday, January 13, 2006

Only typical



Nothing notable going on here except work and home to work. Typical mostly.

I only worked till noon yesterday so I could go with James when he had the surgery on his lip. I was even in there with him and didn't lose my Shoney's lunch as I watched the doc take a chunk out of his lip and sew him back up. There wasn't nearly as much blood as I had feared so it wasn't so bad. The doc told me to come closer so he could show me the stitched up incision and the sort of tending it might need and I'm thinking to myself,,"Do I look all nursey and stuff here?" But instead of saying anything, I stuck my head up under that light so I could see everything he was talking about. James couldn't say anything due to the stitches and stuff in his lip so I was able to tell the doc all sorts of things about him without being corrected. That part was sort of fun.

James insisted on driving home and I got a little nervous a couple of times when he decided the incision was bleeding and was daubbing at it and weaving all over the road.

Anyhow, he's just a tad sore today so I left him at home with plenty of straws and chicken noodle soup,, I figure he can take the noodles out and sip it.

Today I'm a little tired and grumpy cause we didn't arrive home till after 9 last night and we had thunderstorms that disturbed my near comotose condition,,,had some really weird but loud thunder in those storms.

Happy Friday Thirteenth ya'll!

10 comments:

Mary Lou said...

What a day...YUCK! You should have seen Dr. Phil yesterday...all about a man who refused to see his new grandbaby because she was biracial. When Dr Phil got through with him he was holding that baby and cooing and crying at her. I immediately thought of James.

wanda said...

Oh boy, that sounds ucky! Poor James. I hope he's better today.

We're getting yawl's thunderstorms today. I do love me a good storm.

Sally said...

Ouch - I bet that smarted!! Hope the ol guy is feeling okay. We're gonna get those storms tonight after they get through with Wan. :)

Holly said...

stormed all night here as well. blech. woke zoe up and she was terrified. the girl hates thunder.

we took a nap this afternoon to make up for it all though, that was good.

Anonymous said...

I come here for daily wisdom and am never disappointed.

Brent said...

I feel for you! I'm having a nice, stiff drink in honor of ya, Brenda!!

Andie Pandie said...

When I was wee, I fell against the coffee table and busted my lip open. Had to have more tissue put in my bottom lip (just a bit as I already have big lips LOL) and got it sewn back up. To this day I still have the bump and a nice scar on my lip. I don't even remember I have it till someone asks me what happened to my lip. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm joining Brent. A nice drink sounds great. I only drink wine, but it sounds great anyhow.

I hope James is feeling better. What a nasty thing to have to deal with. And I hope you didn't have to do any nursey stuff.

Have a nice weekend, rain and all.
Cas

John Strain said...

Talk about your husband giving you lip . . .

It sounds painful.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a rough day for both of you. Hopefully it'll heal quickly.