Monday, October 22, 2007

What's for Supper and At War With Hughesnet

Here's my first try at making a Chicken Enchilada Casserole. If it tastes as good as it looks, I'll be full as a tick about dark-thirty.
My homemade pica de gallo. I made a batch to go with the fried catfish last night and it was so good that I made some more to accompany the enchilada casserole. I was out of cilantro but it was still some fine eatin' without it. Here's another relish type dish that I make when we have fish or good ole pinto beans. It's just thinly sliced cucumbers, slices of onion, a few turns of the pepper mill and salt, and a couple of tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.

********
Now, about those HughesNet folks. Since August, I've only had a few rare occasions when their speeds have been anywhere near what they advertise. In fact, the speeds are often not even as fast as my old dial-up. Apparently these folks are selling services that they don't have the equipment to handle. Their tech folks (the ones that speak English clearly enough) must have a script that they read from too and they're full of every lie the company can think up.

If anyone reading this is thinking of using Hughesnet's shitty excuse of a broadband service, PLEASE DON ' T so you can save yourself a lot of grief.

I must say though, They are quite good at collecting their monthly fees for their crappy service.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your food looks great. I do something very similar with cucumbers as a side.

Cas
Sorry about the internet service. What a disappointment

AndiePandie said...

How was the casserole? Is it made with cream of chick soup? I make that sometimes and we lurves it!

Did you put lime in your pico de galleo?

And that stinks about the internet service. That's your satellite service, right?

Joan said...

Recipes please!!! Looks scrumpious!

Donna said...

Gads,that food looks great!!!

Tammy said...

Your grub looks mighty fine!
:)

Mary Lou said...

oh I havent had cukes like that in YEARS!! YUMMY...your enchiladas look wonderful to9o!

Phyllis said...

That makes me want to make enchiladas this weekend!
Do you use green chili enchilada sauce?

mreddie said...

That food looked good enough to make me forget about Hughesnet - at least for a few minutes. :) I listened to Ole Charlie too - he sure can play that thing. It sounded like he was advocating the hanging of politicians - my feelings run in that direction as well, just not quite that drastic. ec

Anonymous said...

Oh, man you made me hungry! I love cucumber salad. And pico. And that casserole! I guess I shouldn't forget to eat lunch, eh? I don't think it would matter, that food would look good anyway!

Brent said...

YUM! YUMMY! Just looking at those pictures I am starved, and I just at not two hours ago!!

Carole Burant said...

Now you've got my tummy growling! Everything looks soooo good!! Hmmm you posted this on Monday and today is Friday...did Hughesnet cut you off??? lol I do hope everything is ok! xox

Anonymous said...

That food looks good!!!

Anonymous said...

I would love that chicken enchilada recipe :))