Saturday, February 12, 2005

I think it's Saturday

I know it's one of those days of the month when the flood gates open and folks of all shapes, and sizes gather in Wal mart to buy a shitload of groceries and stuff while I'm trying to gather my few things and get the hell outta Dodge.

There was the lady who mosied and sung (gospel) her way down the middle of every danged isle I tried to manuver. Then I kept meeting one of the school teachers from Zach's school down every other isle and we had to stop and talk a few minutes each time. I did finally zip and pause my way over to the toys to get the Chick a little something to put with her Dora outfit and cowboy hat for her birthday and grabbed bread, chips, and tea before fighting my way to the front for the dreaded check-out routine.

Thankfully I got out of there without a rise in my temper for once. I did have a little problem remembering where I parked my truck which caused me a little stroll around the parking lot until I remembered that I wasn't driving my truck which made it easier to find the little dumpling of a rental car that I'm driving until my truck's outta the shop.

As for the rest of the day, Nada, Zero, Zilch...until my fireman client called around dusk to tell me he was bringing all the stuff that he'd finally gotten gathered for me to set up his business accounts and prepare his tax return.

And I really should take a shovel to this house cause tomorrow we do the birthday party but I'm just feeling too lazy right now.

No comments: