Tuesday, February 15, 2005

A Day Off

Since I'm scheduled to work on Saturday Miz Debra graciously gave me the day off yesterday which made it a 3 day weekend for me. I feel like I wasted most of it though cause on Saturday and Sunday I was so lazy I almost mildewed. Nothing in the form of housework got done at all!

I thought I'd have enough time for a little nap yesterday but I started in at 6:30 a.m. with setting up company books and posting a year's worth of activity for the fireman with a side business and the next thing I knew it was 2 p.m. and someone was knocking at my door with another tax return in hand. Before they left the Fed-ex man came with the new phones and the bus came to deliver the terrorist back home. I'm not sure how the day got away so fast!

I put Zach in the car at 3:45 and we went to see the little, old, black man so I could write checks to pay bills for the Improvement District, then back home to attempt to make my hair behave so we could go out to dinner with PopPop. (I didn't get my desired commode seats,,sob).

When we got back home I had to tackle homework and the cell phones. We breezed through the spelling and vocabulary pretty quickly but the cell phone thing meant a series of phone calls to various folks at Alltel. I was finally helped by a young lady who knew what she was doing so the things actually work now. Seems they were programed backwards or something. PopPop wanted the speed dial directory set up in his so after an hour and a half with phone and manual in hand I finally figured out the secret of cell programing,,,,

call the 10 yr old next door and let her do it!

Before I went to sleep last night I made a pot of chicken stew to take to work today and the cornbread muffins are nearly done as I type.

I reckon it's time to get dressed and take my hinny and the chicken stew to work now.
Have a great day ya'll!!

No comments: