Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Words




I just love it when a baby begins to put thoughts into words, even when some of the words reflect what they hear around them. Jillian was playing with Molly the puppy and Molly playfully nipped her. Jillian got upset and sat down on the porch steps beside her Momma to tell her about it.

Jillian: Molly bite me!

Jerri: She didn't mean to, she was just playing. Are you ok? See? It's just a little scratch. Molly plays too rough sometimes.

Jillian: Molly's just a bitch, ain't she Momma?

Jerri: Yes Jillian, but you're not supposed to say that!

***

MeriKate and Abby stayed with me yesterday and I enjoyed listening to them chatter (when they weren't fighting with Zach). While I was taking a break from doing a tax return MeriKate sat in the floor beside my chair and said,

"Nanaw, my Daddy told me I better not get fat like Momma did cause if I do I better not talk to him anymore and a boy will never want me to be his girlfriend."

I think Nanaw is going to have a longgggg talk with MeriKate's Daddy, first chance she gets.

***

Alexis, aka the Chick, is saving money for something she wants to buy so she's become the family's curse monitor. She was only here for a little while the other afternoon and it cost me 75 cents.

11 comments:

Joan said...

How much did it cost you per curse ... a penny? LOL Bad Nannaw!

Joan said...

Make that Nanaw.

Donna said...

Oh Yeah...have a Very long chat with him!!! Call me if you need back-up!!LOL..hughugs

Anonymous said...

There is never a dull moment with your crowd...that's why I love to read your blog ☺

Crystal said...

Man Brenda, here I thought you NEVER cursed;o)lol! Good post today! Let as all know how the "talk" turned out!

Karen H. said...

Good Afternoon Brenda,
AMEN on the Rebate Check. It's not going to do us any good by getting them anyway. We still have to turn around and turn it on next year on our Tax Returns. Oh my, only out of the mouth of babes. LOL. You will indeed have to have a very long talk with the Dad. Maybe use a bar of soap on his mouth as well. LOL. I hope your days are going well while Spring Break is going on there where you live at. I'm sure there is not a dull moment at your house. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Sally said...

You've got the "b" word, and we've got the "s" word. What are we going to do with these youngun's? I mean the older ones!! hahaha

Yeah, I want to know also, how many curse words for .75cents? :)

Brenda said...

Several words my friends, several words! She charged me a quarter per curse and I was lucky that she only caught me 3 times!

Andie Pandie said...

Oh my those are some serious words to say to a little girl. :( When you have a talk with him, make sure you hit both sides of the head. ;)

The Chick probably would be rolling out of here with a bunch of singles. We (and by we I mean me) swear like sailors. LOL

Anonymous said...

It seems like those children give your life a lot of things to think about. I love Jillian's comments.

Have a wonderful day!

Cas
I wonder what the Chick will be purchasing.

bichonpawz said...

I would have had to pay her MUCH more than 75 cents!!! And yeah...have a discussion with that girl's daddy!!