(1) There's one "sport" in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends. What is it?
(2) What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?
(3) Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?
(4) Name the only sport in which the ball is always in possession of the team on defense, and the offensive team can score without touching the ball?
(5) What fruit has its seeds on the outside?
(6) In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?
(7) Only three words in standard English begin with the letters "dw." They are all common. Name two of them.
(8) There are fourteen punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name half of them?
(9) Where are the lakes that are referred to in the "Los Angeles Lakers?"
(10) There are seven ways a baseball player can legally reach first base without getting a hit. Taking a base on balls-a walk-is one way. Name the other six.
(11) It's the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form but fresh. What is it?
(12) Name six or more things that you can wear on your feet that begin with the letter "S."
I'll provide the answers tomorrow if anyone's interested.
Haven't been too busy yet at the tax office so I've been getting home early every day but still haven't done much in the way of housework. I seem to be spending most of my time cooking or cleaning up after a meal. It still feels like a holiday routine around here but that'll change soon, I'm sure.
I did one of my dunce acts yesterday by letting the door close on my foot, so I've been moaning and groaning about the aches and pains from that. Jordan and Jaylen have survived the week with us although Jaylen got bored with us pretty quick and decided to stay with Alexis since Wednesday. We've missed her but I know for a fact that the Chick is a lot more fun to play with.
I hope everyone had a great week and a fantastic Friday!