Thursday, November 10, 2011

I think after 40 years of marriage James and I fit together like a pair of old, ragged, comfortable slippers.  You know the kind, really getting rough around the edges but also soft from years of regular use.  I could sometimes read his mind, he could always read my looks.  He was the good guy because most of the year he was never at home long enough to be, or want to be,  the bad guy so guess who got that job?

I've been reading some of my past posts and this one made me smile (you might have to scroll up to the beginning of it.)  You've probably read it before but I hope it makes you smile again even if you have.



6 comments:

Donna said...

Went back to refresh the old memory and ended up laughing my butt off Again! What a hoot that was....
I can NEVER think that quick!Hahaaaa....
Loving you today sweetie!
hughugs

Out on the prairie said...

very nice to read Brenda, always nice to hear from you.

Donna said...

I enjoyed reading it the first time and again for a second time! Hold those sweet memories dear and remember the laughter most of all.

bichonpawz said...

Me too! I read it two years ago...and smiled and smiled again just now!!! You are a hoot Brenda!!

Carol Scott - Cassie-b said...

I'm sure that picture gives you lots of good memories.

Carol

Virginia Gal said...

How sweet, what a great memory!

sending you a big hug my dear blog friend.