Certain characteristics appear with stunning regularity among narcissists. Since narcissism is on a continuum, some will have more than others.
1. Self-centered. His/her needs are paramount.
2. No remorse for mistakes or misdeeds.
3. Unreliable, undependable.
4. Does not care about the consequences of his/her actions.
5. Projects faults on to others. High
blaming behavior; never his/her fault.
6. Little if any conscience.
7. Pretends concern but is really Insensitive to needs and feelings of others.
8. Has a good front (persona) to impress and exploit others.
9. Low stress tolerance. Easy to anger and rage.
10. People are to be manipulated for his/her needs.
11. Rationalizes easily. Twists conversation to his gain at other’s expense. If trapped, keeps
talking, changes the subject or gets angry.
12. Pathological lying.
13. Tremendous need to control situations, conversations, others.
14. No real values. Mostly situational.
15. Often perceived as caring and understanding and uses this to manipulate.
16. Angry, mercurial, moods.
17. Uses sex to control
18. Does not share true ideas, feelings, emotions.
19. Conversation controller. Must have the first and last word.
20. Is very slow to forgive others. Hangs onto resentment.
21. Secret life. Hides , friends, activities.
22. Likes annoying others. Likes to create chaos and disrupt for no reason.
23. Moody - switches from nice guy/girl to anger without much provocation.
24. Repeatedly fails to honor financial obligations.
25. Seldom expresses appreciation.
26. Grandiose. Convinced he/she knows more than others and is correct in all he does.
27. Lacks ability to see how he/she comes across to others. Defensive when confronted with his/her behavior. Never his/her fault.
28. Can get emotional, tearful. This is about show or frustration rather than sorrow.
29. He/she breaks spirits to keep them dependent.
30. Highly contradictory.
31. Convincing. Must convince people to side with him/her
32. Hides his/her real self. Always “on”
33. Kind only if he's/she's getting from you what he/she wants.
34. He/she has to win.
35. Does not discuss openly, has a hidden agenda.
36. Unilateral condition of, "I'm OK and justified so I don't need to hear your position or ideas".
37. Always feels misunderstood.
38. You can often feel miserable with this person because they drain you.
39. Does not listen because he/she does not care.
40. It's always about his/her feelings, noone else's.
41. Is not really interested in problem-solving.. wants the sympathy.
42. Very good at reading people, so he/she can manipulate them.